- use synaptics application installer in administration for install and remove.
- the location where packages are run from and placed with wget are /home/shoulders/
- root does not have any ftp access, password by default is a random hash and has to be changed with sudo. see link
- webmin is a gui through webrowser to admin a lot of stuff like cpanel
- gadmin-proftpd is a gui for proftpd ftp server
- sudo / su is a command to allow you to run as root
There's already an easy way to do this.
- First press "Alt F2" on your keyboard then type in "gksu nautilus".
- Now you are running the file browser as root in gnome.
- Or you can do the same thing in kde only look for "run command" in the kmenu and type in "kdesu dolphin".
to run file explorer as root
press alt+F2 , type gksudo nautilus
to set a root password open terminal
type: su -l