QWRealURL Module for Joomla!
What does it do?
Shows you the non-SEF URL when using Search Engine Friendly URLs (SEF) in Joomla.
This allows for easy creation of internal Joomla links that can be dynamically routed.
How to use this module
- Install the module.
- Configure the module how you want it, including making sure to publish it and enabling it on a page of your choosing.
- Load a page that has the module configured to display on it.
- You will now see the non-SEF version of your URL.
- None yet
QWRealURL is fully compatible with Joomla versions 3.x and 4.x.
QWRealURL is a Joomla module developed by QuantumWarp and released under the GNU General Public License.
Visit the extension's software page at: https://quantumwarp.com/software/joomla/qwrealcrm
I used the following links and resources to build this module.
Real Joomla SEF
- https://gruz.ml/en/tech-blog/joomla-tips-and-tricks/13-how-to-get-real-joomla-url-from-a-sef-url.html - Very useful and had several methods for getting the non-SEF URL.
Joomla Router Ref:
- https://api.joomla.org/cms-3/classes/Joomla.CMS.Uri.Uri.html (JUri) - loaded/extended in order below
- /libraries/vendor/joomla/uri/src/Uri.php (New)
- https://api.joomla.org/cms-3/classes/Joomla.CMS.Router.SiteRouter.html (JRouter)
- /libraries/src/Router/Router.php (New)
The workarounds on the internet work by creating an element that can be selected like a textarea, copy the required data into it, select and copy that data now in the <textarea> and then <textarea> is deleted.
I rendered the non-SEF URL directly into a hidden which i can unhide, select and copy to the clipboard and of course re-hide the element.
Workaround method for innerHTML etc..
- https://davidwalsh.name/clipboard (this has both methods but using a third party library)
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Please report any bugs or features that you find so that they can be fixed. To get more details visit https://quantumwarp.com/software/joomla/qwrealurl
[1.0.0] - 2019-11-23
- Initial Release