Hello World Plugin for Joomla!
This is a ready to go Joomla Plugin Boilerplate that you can use to build your own plugins. I have added all the settings, elements and things I could find.
What does it do?
This is a content plugin that replaces a user defined shortcode with a language sensitive Hello World statement. You can set the language in the plugin.
How to use this module
- Install the plugin.
- Configure the plugin how you want it, including making sure to publish it.
- Insert the shortcode into an article.
- Load the newly saved article, with the shortcode, and you should see the shortcode has been replaced with the Hello World message..
- When the install mechanism is used, the title for the plugin comes from en-GB.plg_qwrealurl.sys.ini / PLG_QWREALURL_NAME="Hello World"
- The plugin name is helloworld
- Can be called by $this->_name
- Is made from the filename helloworld.php, the .php file extension is removed.
- You can restrict this plugin to work only on certain components using $context.
plg_helloworld is fully compatible with Joomla versions 3.x (possibly only 3.8+) and 4.x. A few alterations and the plugin will work on earlier versions of Joomla.
plg_helloworld is a Joomla module developed by QuantumWarp and released under the GNU General Public License.
Visit the extension's software page at: https://quantumwarp.com/
I used the following links and resources to build this plugin.
- https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Creating_a_content_plugin - This describes plugin events and their functions related to content.
- https://docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events/System - This describes plugin events and their functions related to the system.
- https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:OnContentPrepare_called_with_JCategoryNode - Example of $context. This can be used to specify to only rung this plugin for a certain component.
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Please report any bugs or features that you find so that they can be fixed. To get more details visit https://quantumwarp.com/
[1.0.0] - 2019-11-17
- Initial Commit