- Clean the surface of the screen.
- Take some Vaseline and fill the scratch with it.
- Gently wipe off the excess Vaseline, being careful not to press too deeply so as to leave some inside the scratch.
- Voila. This works because the optical density more closely matches the LCD face than air.
Pencil Eraser Method
- Find a pencil with a clean, soft eraser. It must have no pencil graphite on it as you won't want to smudge that on your monitor.
- Lightly rub the eraser over the scratch or nick on the screen.
- Keep rubbing until the scratch completely disappears.
- Users report mixed results with these method.